Gyruff (Grand Duchy of Geoff)
STATUTES (in Aberglain)
- All weapons must be peace-bonded within three miles of Aberglain, unless the village is under attack. Possessors of weapons must report to a member of the village guard to have their weapons peace-bonded.
- Docking water vessels shall pay the dockmaster a fee of 5 sp per small vessel, 1 gp per galley.
- Transport of any cargo in excess of 30 lbs. must be handled by guilded teamsters (2 sp per worker).
- Anyone with orc, half-orc, half-elf, human[Baklunish], human[Olman], human[Touv], goblinoid, lizardfolk, giantish or other monsterous heritage^ should report themselves to the captain of the watch to be recorded in the rolls.
- Spellcasters must report to the captain of the watch to be recorded in the rolls.
- Magicial items must be reported to the captain of the watch to be recorded in the rolls.
- Anyone with the capacity to appear in another form must present themselves to the captain of the watch to be recorded in the rolls.
- Anyone with Forbidden Items or Magic must report to the captain of the watch and surrender the items and spell components for such Forbidden magics. Such reporting and surrender will exempt one from possession of Forbidden items charges.
- Members of Forbidden Organizations and anyone knowing someone who is a member of the Forbidden Organization must report to the captain. Members of Forbidden Organizations are to be punished according to the law.
^ any race except: human[Sueloise], human[Oeridian], human[Flan], elvish, dwarvish, halfling or gnome
Criminal activities are an attempt to undermine the social efforts of maintaining order, the destruction of property or harm an innocent citizen. Magical effects that change a person’s attitude, harm a person (physically or mentally), or hinder the person’s ability to defend themselves are considered criminal.
Offenses and Punishments (maximum/tiers):
- Disturbing the Peace or Failing to Comply with the lawful orders of an authority figure (law enforcement, Knight, etc.) = 1 gp fine; imprisonment for 7/3/1 days per offense
- Trespassing = 2 gp fine
- Damage to buildings, structures, etc. = 5 gp per 5 foot cube damaged
- Complete destruction of a structure = value of the structure
- Items damaged or destroyed = cost to repair or replace item
- Theft (value less than 250 gp) = 1000 gp fine; imprisonment for 26/12/4/1 weeks per offense
- Theft (value 250 gp-5000gp) = 5000 gp fine; imprisonment for 52/26/12/4/1 weeks per offense
- Theft (value 5000 gp or more) = 5000 gp fine; death or imprisonment for life/104/52/26/12/4/1 weeks per offense
- Assaulting an innocent person = 10 gp fine; 4 weeks imprisonment per offense
- Assault by magic of an innocent person = 50 gp per spell level; imprisonment 26/12/4/1 weeks per offense
- Assaulting an authority figure (law enforcement, Knight, etc.) = 100 gp; imprisonment for 26/12/4/1 weeks per offense
- Death of an innocent person = arrangement (including payment) for person to be raised/resurrected or 20,000 gp; death or imprisonment for life/104/52/26/12/4 weeks; plus penalties for assault; per offense
- Death of an authority figure = arrangement (including payment) for person to be raised/resurrected or 30,000 gp; death or imprisonment for life/156/104/52/26/12/4 weeks; plus penalties for assault; per offense
- Death of a noble = confiscation of all worldly goods and property; execution and prohibition from being returned from the dead; plus assault
- Use of magic in the commission of a crime = confiscation of the item or spellbook; fine of 5 gp per spell level
- Accomplices to a crime receive jail time at one step lower than the accused
- Whimsical Spellcasting (using magic in public without a good reason) = 5 gp fine per spell level and/or confiscation of magic item(s)
- Use or possession of Forbidden Items/Spells = confiscation of the item(s) or spellbook; fine of 20% of the value of the item or 50 gp per spell level; imprisonment for 24/18 weeks plus 6 weeks per forbidden item;
- Membership in a Forbidden Organization = death or imprisonment for 36/24/12/4 weeks; confiscation of all goods and property; deportation out of the Kingdom of Keoland:
Forbidden items/spells include those that:
- involve the creation/control of undead or lycanthropes
- tap into the Plane of Shadow
- create or maintain a bridge to another plane
- that kill or target Good or Lawful persons
- are Necromantic and have no obvious beneficial effects
- curse or are cursed
- include hostile molds, fungi and oozes (green slime, brown mold, purple fungi, etc.)
- cause disease or are poisoned
- cause addiction, such as drugs
- Jotenreich Giant Army & Allies
- Native of the Shadow Plane inc. Shadow Dragon Hasforneses
- Scarlet Brotherhood, including Sea Princes Army/Navy
- Black Brotherhood
- The Seekers
- Cult of the Earth Dragon
- Cult of the Black Flame
- Lords of the Elder Elements
- Cult of Vecna
- House Malhel
- Acolytes of the Skin
- Blood Magi
- Master Transmogrifists
- Black Flame Zealots